Thursday, February 19, 2009
Bananas for skin care and more
Banana is one of the most ancient fruits on the Earth. Banana pulp contains 75% of water, 15-25% of natural sugars (sucrose, fructose and glucose), starch, protein, fiber, and 0,3-0,6% of essential oils, malic acid, enzymes, pectin substances, potassium and magnesium salts, ascorbic acid, vitamins B2, B6, B12, PP, E and provitamin A. Banana is an ideal regenerating means. Fruit pulp is very nutritious and is capable to remove dry skin and return its smoothness in a short space of time.
Banana nutritious masks can help to fill the skin with vitamins, to improve the complexion and smooth the small wrinkles.
- Mash 1 ripe banana with a fork and mix it with 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon of sour cream. Apply at your face for 15 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
- Grind a banana properly with a fork, add 2 tablespoons of cream, 1 tablespoon of liquid honey and stir it in blender. Apply a mixture at your face skin, neck and chest area and leave it for 20-30 minutes. Remove the mask with soft cosmetic napkin.
- Take half a banana and mash it with the fork. Add 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of flour and starch, 2 teaspoons of olive or peach oil. Put the mixture at your face for 10-15 minutes, and then wash it off with warm water. It is suitable for dry skin.
Banana masks for oily skin
Banana masks can help you to remove greasy luster and narrow your pores.
- Mash one small ripe banana with a fork and mix with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply the mixture at your face for 15-20 minutes. Then wash it off with cool water.
- Mash a half a banana with a fork, add 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and pour the oil from one capsule of vitamin A. Apply at your face for 20 minutes. Then wash the mask off with warm water.
- Whip 1 egg white with a fork. Mash 1 banana and mix it with protein foam. Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and some drops of walnut or peach oil. Put at your face the derived mixture.
- Mix mashed banana with some kefir or sour clotted milk, put it at your face for 10-15 minutes, and wash it off with warm water.
Banana SPA procedure
Make a banana mash of 1-2 kg of ripe bananas. Add 3-4 tablespoons of almond oil into derived pulp. Dissolve a banana paste in a small amount of water, and then put it into the bath. Add a few drops of essential ylang-ylang or rose oil for strengthening an effect. After such nourishment your skin becomes soft and smooth. Before taking a banana baths make light peeling of your body skin.
Banana therapy for hands
Banana is an excellent regenerative remedy for skin. Banana masks can be used as emergency remedies for weather and chapped hands skin.
- Mash a banana, add 2 tablespoons of milk; mix the pulp and put it on your hands, wrap them in plastic layer or put on rubber gloves and extra woolen mittens above rubber gloves. Wash it off with cool water in an hour.
- Mash 1 small banana with a fork; add 4 tablespoons of cream or yogurt, 1 tablespoon of natural honey and 1 tablespoon of oat flakes. Mix all properly. Spread it on your hands, wrap them in plastic layer or put on rubber gloves and extra woolen mittens above rubber gloves. Wash it off with cool water in an hour.
- Mash one ripe banana with a fork; add 3 tablespoons of cream and 1 tablespoon of potato flour, mix it until the density of sour cream. Apply a prepared mass at your skin with a thin layer; when the skin dries up, apply the second layer. Wrap your hands with gauze, put on rubber gloves and extra woolen mittens above rubber gloves. Keep the mask for 30-40 minutes, and then remove it with cotton napkin soaked in warm water.