Subscribe in a reader

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Love Language

I was checkin' my mails when I came across this one:


My husband was an engineer. Since I met him, he was always an unflappable rock in my life. I knew he always had his feet firmly planted on the ground, and it seemed that no matter what else went crazy, he would be the one constant.

Three years of romance, and two years of marriage later, I got tired. He was the most unromantic man I know. He never bought me flowers, he never surprised me, and nothing changed in our marriage.

After some time, I finally found the courage to tell him That I wanted to leave him. He just sat there, speechless. My heart froze...
What kind of man was I married to that didn't even know what to say to make me stay? After a while, he spoke, "What can I do to change your mind?".

"I will stay if you can give me a good answer to this question," I replied coldly. "If I asked for a flower that grew on a cliff, and you knew that getting it for me means certain death, would you get it for me?". His face grew troubled.

"Can I give you an answer tomorrow morning?" he asked. Hearing that kind of answer, my heart died. I knew that I could never be happy with a man who couldn't even give me an answer straight away.

The next morning, when I woke up, he was missing.

In the living room, under a warm glass of milk, was a note. My eyes grew misty as I read it...

"Dear, I have my answer. I will never pick the flower for you if it meant certain death. But before you leave, I hope you can give me a chance to Give you my reasons....
You will always sit in front of the computer and type about for the whole day, but every time you will end up in tears cause your formatting will always go all over the place... I need my fingers, to do the formatting for you, so your tears will become smiles. You like to travel, but would always get lost...I need my eyes, so that I can bring you to
the nicest places on earth. Every time you leave the house, you would always forget your keys... I need my legs, so that I can run home to open the door for you.

You never knew how to take care of yourself... I am always there for you when you need me most. I need my hands to help you get rid of the pesky white hair
You hate so much when you grow old, to trim your nails, to feed you.

So you see, that's why I can't pick the flower for you.

Until I find someone who loves you more than I do, I will need to have an able body to take care of you.

If you accept my reasons, then open the door, where I will be waiting with your favorite muffin."

With tears streaming from my eyes, I opened the door, and there he stood, with an extremely worried look on his face. He still had nothing to say, but just stood
there waving the packet he had in his hand in front of me. And then I knew for a fact that I will never find another man who will ever love me as much as he does.


Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean that they don't love you with all they have...

No comments:

Post a Comment