Subscribe in a reader

Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Stag At The Pool

A stag saw his shadow reflected in the water, and greatly admired the size of his horns, but felt angry with himself for having such weak feet.

While he was thus contemplating himself, a lion appeared at the pool. The stag ran what he believed was a safe distance from the water, into the woods, but became entangled within the branches with his horns. The lion quickly came up with him and caught him.

When he realized his what happened he exclaimed, "Woe is me! How I have fooled myself! The feet I so despised would have helped me run away swiftly, while the antlers that I believed so beautiful have caused me to become trapped."

Moral of the Story: What is most truly valuable is often underrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment